The Central Dauphin High School Band Boosters Association hosts numerous activities including large events, as well as various programs and product sales, with all serving as fundraisers. While we are most appreciative of the monies received from the CD School District budget each year, those funds serve as only about 10% of monies needed to run this incredibly robust and successful Band Program. The other 90% comes directly from the CD Band Boosters fundraising activities.
We fundraise in generally TWO WAYS. One is year-round and product sales fundraising - those programs in which profit monies are split between YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT, and the Boosters General Fund. The second is monies profited at special Events from which all goes into our Boosters General Fund.
Read below and PLAY YOUR PART in helping ensure the success of the Band Program.
We have three year-round fundraising programs for you. They are the Shop with Scrip Program, the HERCO Volunteering Program, and the Business Sponsorship Program. Read below and contact the coordinator for more information, and to sign up to play your part.
SHOP WITH SCRIP
Shop with Scrip, called SCRIP, is a no-selling program that allows families to raise money for the Band Program's General Fund AND for your student’s personal account. SCRIP can be used to pay for everyday purchases, using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards, while benefiting the band programs. Have a mobile device? You can use that, too! It’s really that simple!
SCRIP is a great way to raise funds without selling anything! Click below to go to the SCRIP page for information, to sign up, and contact our coordinator, Kathie Novak.
Volunteer to work at a HERCO facility (Hersheypark, GIANT Center, or Hersheypark Stadium) and they donate your entire wages to the Band Boosters program account.
The Boosters will then credit 70% of those earnings to your Student Account!
Click the button below and find out how fun and easy it is to volunteer, all while raising funds for the band program AND for your student's personal account.
BUSINESS SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
The Central Dauphin Band Boosters Association has an excellent Business Sponsor Program that benefits everyone involved. If you're a local business or organization, consider becoming a Sponsor for our Band Program. If you're a parent, 30% of the sponsorship amount goes into your Student's Account. With events that attract thousands of community members, along with knowing your monies support young musicians and an award winning musical program, a Business Sponsorship is a win-win for everyone involved!
Click the button below for more information, and to contact our coordinator, Sam Boore.
SCHOOL YEAR FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITIES
Product sales are held at various times throughout the school year, and are great opportunities to add to your Student's Account and the CD Booster General Fund. Sales this 2018-2019 school year will include Krispy Kreme products, R&K Subs and Pretzel sandwiches, Jams and Salsa, and more.
For the most recent product sale, and more information, click below.
The Central Dauphin Band Boosters host a number of different activities and programs that benefit the
Central Dauphin High School Band Program.
Below please find our BIG THREE.
These are our three major events that serve as our top fundraisers.
Consider playing your part and volunteering your time at one, or all of these events.
Click on the information button for each to find out more.
BOOSTERS BIG THREE
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
A night of great music, pageantry and color, Band-a-RAMa is the perfect family event, featuring terrific performances by high school marching bands, good food, and plenty of fun! Hosted by the Central Dauphin High School Ram Marching Band, and coordinated by the Band Boosters, the event is held at Landis Field on the campus of the Central Dauphin Middle School.
SPRING CRAFT SHOW
The Spring Craft Show is held indoors at our state-of-the-art high school located at 437 Piketown Road in Harrisburg, PA (at the intersection with Route 39 (Linglestown Road)) with easy access from Interstates I-81 and I-83. Admission and parking are free. Our show features handcrafted merchandise from nearly 200 crafters, food concessions, and door prizes held throughout the day. All proceeds from the craft show support the Central Dauphin High School Ram Band Program.
Saturday, April 4, 2020
The Central Dauphin High School Band Boosters are proud to host Indoor-RAMa, a Keystone Indoor Drill Association (KIDA) sanctioned competition. KIDA is a competitive, educational indoor circuit, with units in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, and the Washington DC metro area. Our Indoor-RAMa is held at our beautiful new Central Dauphin High School, located at 437 Piketown Road, Harrisburg, PA. Interested units can register via the KIDA website www.kida.org.